Saturday, January 14, 2012

Promises, More Training

 

Hi Y’all!

When we are out hikin’ I get to practice lessons learned.  Above I’m doin’ a whistle recall. 

This was last week, the only day we had a break in the rain.  I was so excited to finally get out!  My Human says it is this continued practice that keeps me sharp in responding to past lessons.  She says that way she doesn’t have to worry about takin’ me places off leash.  Of course if it’s near traffic, in town or in an “on leash” area, I’m happy to show off those skills too. 

Above is a “wait” for the slow two legged one to catch up. 

Below I have been sent for a bumper in the swale. 

And below my Human sent me to fetch something she spied in the field.  I have to admit I thought I was lookin’ for a bumper and ran right past the “thing” the first time. 

Now, I have a confession to make.  When I came to live with my Humans I thought that when you went to get a bumper or ball you were supposed to play “keep away”.   My Human was very patient. I didn’t learn to follow directions and return stuff, hand stuff and pick stuff up on command overnight.  I really find workin’ to help my Human much more fun!

Y’all come back now!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment