Friday, March 16, 2012

One Week Ago Today

 

Hi Y’all!

Yep, My Dogs’ Love Me had it right earlier when they used their extra senses to figure out I’d left the shore. 

Despite my favorite vet assuring my Human that I would be fine, I clearly wasn’t.  I heard my Humans discussing whether to take me to my local vet at the shore, or return to the mountains.  Finally my Human said she would be most comfortable taking me back to see the surgeon who had fixed my butt problem almost 2 years ago. 

Didn’t sound like a fun trip to me!

My Human called and got a 10am appointment last Friday. 

At 3am Friday morning my Human was up,  showering and dressing.  I opened one eye when she went to the kitchen to start breakfast.  Next thing I know I heard my breakfast rattling.  Yawning, I went to check out the early serving. 

The floodlights were on when we took our morning walk.  By now I was awake and eager to be off on our trip!

We stopped at rest stop early on.  Then we hit rain so skipped most of our regular stops.  I spent most of my time curled in my crate asleep.

I was happy when we finally stopped and there was another dog in the parking lot!  Fun time! Then we walked to the door and as soon as I sniffed that stone dog guarding the door, I remembered the place! 

When they took us into the exam room, even with the treats, I knew I was in for an uncomfortable time to say the least.  Then the doctor is talking to me, yes directly to me!  Saying something about removing things! Takin’ somethin’ OUT!? OUCH!!! 

We left with antibiotics for me to take for 10 days and with an appointment for Tuesday morning. 

The antibiotics make me feel lousy. I just go to bed and sleep. 

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Oh No Hawk! That does not sound like any fun at all, far from it. I sure hope all goes well for you. Sending those good Goose vibes your way.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      Thanks Goose. My Humans are trying hard to keep me happy and enjoying doing stuff.

      Hawk

      Delete
  2. What's wrong with your BOOTY!!! I'm pretty much concerned. And to think, the vet is sooo far away!

    And how was the trip?

    Lastly, No, Buchi had other baths but this was one of those I've recorded with my video cam. Too bad I left it with my sister because she loves to travel to different countries.

    I hope you all the best.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      Yep, I figured a pretty fluffy like Buchi would need more baths than I do. I was really kidding about the number of baths. My Human doesn't photograph all of mine either.

      My Humans are doing their best to keep me enjoying stuff.

      Hawk

      Delete
  3. Uh oh! Sounds like nasty business. Are you having your anal glands removed Hawk? Our late basset Barney had the big butt problems too . He had to keep having them "expressed" and had been on antibiotics a couple of times. It would be nice if dogs just didn't have those darn anal glands since they don't need them nowadays! Good luck! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      I go to the vet every 2 or 3 months to have my butt fixed up. I hope the antibiotics fixed me up and that doctor says I don't need to have anything else done.

      Hawk

      Delete
  4. Awww, sorry to hear you had to see the doctor. Sending lots of woofs & hugs your way! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      My Humans are trying to help me have a good time despite the medicine.

      Hawk

      Delete
  5. Oh no! Bless your sweet heart Hawk. I hope you feel much better soon and good luck with your next appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      Thanks so much for sending me feel well wishes.

      Hawk

      Delete
  6. A vet visit can be an unpleasant thing. I hope you're all right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Y'all,

      Thanks Jen, for the good wishes. I feel I need them.

      This doctor isn't just any vet...I already have 2 of them, one in the mountains and 1 at the shore. This doctor is a surgeon. I understand from the Humans that surgeons operate and that operate means to go inside of you and take stuff out that is making you feel bad.

      I'm still hoping I don't need more than the antibiotics this time.

      Hawk

      Delete
  7. aww, hawk, i'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling so good. hope you get to share some good news this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well Hawk. :(

    ReplyDelete