Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Letter from My Human

 

Dear Hawkeye,

Way back after a long consideration your Papa and I decided we missed having paws pattering around and sharing our life.   We realized that doing things without a pawed one to share with left an emptiness in our souls.  Your sister that went across the rainbow a couple of years before you arrived was our perfect dog…a dark brown Chesapeake Bay Retriever. 

So I began a search for you.  Your sister was a rescue and I considered several dogs from rescue but all seemed to have issues we weren’t willing to address.  One day your pictures showed up.  The family that bred you and kept you the first 14months of your life was cutting back and you were available. 

You know the rest of the story.  I drove all the way north, an overnight trip, to a dog show to meet you and bring you back to the steamy heat in the south. 

You are the most perfect dog we could ever want. 

Your story is too long to recite all in one letter.  One day I’ll tell you more. 

Much love,

Mama

 

11 comments:

  1. A letter from My Vickie

    DEar Hawkeye,
    I think I might know just how your moma feels. I look into those big brown eyes of yours, that soulful face, that gleaming spirit and I think of my Bert.
    WE humans are so fortunate to have such joy, peace, love and happiness living in our homes in the form of a fourlegged angel.
    Thank you from me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful letter Hawkeye. Your Mum is right - all our 4 legged companions are truly bringers of love and joy and make our lives complete. Leigh (Magic's Mum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful letter. You are one lucky dawg. So do you ever miss the cold weather Hawk?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Hawky,

    Your momma writes a pretty darn good letter. We are happy you found her and we wish you have the best time of your life with her.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    Screw the cold weather. The heat accompanied by the hikes and Mr. Wubba is the best thing that will ever happen to any dog's life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hawk lovely.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that's so sweet. What a beautiful love story. So glad you found a wonderful home Hawkeye!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. It made me a little weepy because my parents, well and our whole family of origin just lost our pet Bruno after 16 long years, and they said no more pets because it's just too painful to say goodbye. I hope that like your owners changed their minds Hawkeye they will too, because life truly is so much better with our four leggeds in it. Thank your human for linking up to my project, "Letters To My Pets" and tell her I LOVE the picture of you pondering at the water. What were you thinking about there Hawkeye? How many fish might be in there maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the most beautiful letter! I am still teary! What a wonderful Momma and life you have Hawk!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome fella! I love his coloring.

    I also loved the title of your post. Cute! It immediately caught my eye... as did those innocent puppy dog brown eyes in your header. (I think he's trying to hypnotize me, same as my little Abby does when she wants outside every afternoon-- despite this scorching heat. 97 degrees today. Yikes!)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet letter from your Mom Hawk. :) We're glad that you found your forever home filled with unconditional love. ♥ Sending over Poppy hugs and Poppy love!

    ReplyDelete