Friday, February 8, 2013

It’s Friday! It’s Follow Up Time!

 

 

Hi Y’all!

P1170981

It’s Friday!  So that means it’s time to “follow up” on your questions!

To make it even more interesting, hop on over to Heart Like a Dog and join the blog hop “Follow Up Friday”!

P1170919

Now, let me get straight to your questions!

On Wednesday’s pictures of the sights I see on my walks, Bella’s Mom asks about the first picture…is it a woodpecker?  Sugar was curious also about the kind of bird it is.

P1180076_thumb6

Yes, this is the female Red-Bellied Woodpecker.  We also have Downy, Redheaded and Pileated Woodpeckers as well as Flickers where we live.

About Tuesday’s “Serious Stuff” Flea at Jones Natural Chews asks: “Seriously? A bad tooth can cause all that stuff?  Is it an immune thing?”

P1010022

Bad teeth can cause serious illness and immune problems in humans also.  The difference is that you humans have dedicated dentists…the regular vets check our teeth…so my Human found a real dentist to check my teeth and he found the culprit that was making me sick.

P1010020

The problem you humans have is that your dentists aren’t doctors first…so when the ENT doctors find a tooth problem, sometimes the dentist doesn’t see it.  My dentist was a vet first, then specialized in dog dentistry…VBG

P1010009

Sugar wanted to know if I had a new yellow toy and if it felt different when I hold it…

P1010027

The toy is one I’ve had for years…an AeroDog…and it is more fun now!

Sugar wanted to know how my Human got the picture of the moon…

P1170886

P1170890

My Human used a telephoto lens and she should have used a tripod, but, since she didn’t have one with her she rested it on something else steady…but the tripod would be best because you don’t have to steady the camera with your hands.  Also, you need a slow, slow setting. 

Goose wanted to know if the mischief was my Humans for making me “sit and stay” so long, or if that was just part of my regiment. 

P1170923

It’s actually part of my regimen.  The mischief was ignoring my Humans, but now that you mention it…you may have changed my view…maybe all this obedience practice is really my Human’s mischief!

Dogs N Pawz  thought maybe I was looking for a fishy and Roxy the Traveling Dog asked what I was lookin’ at? 

P1180002

Actually, I was just wading around…and maybe admiring myself in the reflection…

Sage commented…”a little dock diving”? 

P1170950

P1170951

 

It would be dock diving if the water were up where it should be…since the river is low this time of year I don’t know what you call it.

 

P1170940

Y’all come back now!

 

 

 

 

10 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Happy Follow Up Friday. Mmmm on the moon answer. My mom will never get a good shot of the moon ... Enjoy your Friday with your Aero toy. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know, it might still be dock....leaping? The dock is still the jumping off point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great follow up Friday. Have a wonderfully beautiful weekend Hawk.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT FUF post Hawk! You covered everything. Your human has really amazing photos. When I saw it originally I knew it was a Woodpecker, I just didn't know it was a red-bellied. Actually I didn't know there were such things. :-) See you learn something new every day! Have a great weekend and thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Follow Up Friday! I like the answer to "dock diving"...hmmm, maybe you could call it "taking the big step"...the moon photos are great

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wrap up! I love your blog because you always have great photos! The moon is a hard one to catch and without a tripod?!? Good dog, you all have some patience. Have a great weekend!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good information on the doggie dentist. I'll keep it in mind if my boys ever have any issues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the photos of the moon are my absolute FAVES! Gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun! Great questions and great answers. who needs to look for fishies when you can just look at your reflection?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great follow-up! Have a nice weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete