Friday, February 7, 2014

Fitness and Follow Up

 

Hi Y’all!

P1310512

Just sittin’ here, takin’ a moment to enjoy this warm sunshine. We just took some time to find and bring an old bumper. 

 

P1320020 

While I was in a sit stay, facing away from where my Human was, she hid the bumper by tossing it away.  She then returned and sent me, using a hand signal to direct me to it.

P1320021

Can you spot the bumper?  Hint it is where I’m headed; it’s almost directly in front of me.

P1320022

 

P1320023

 

P1320024

 

P1320062

Now for a few moments of follow up…

About Wordless Wednesday’s post

Oz theTerrier said...

Too cool! Is that your momma reflected in your eye, Hawk??
Happy WW,
Oz

 

P1310478

Yep, that’s my Human Mom!

 

Whitley Westie said...

Moles? We don't got those here. Is dey like rats or skwerrils or other varmints?

P1310527

No, these guys live underground, unlike squirrels.   As far as I know they don’t come up like groundhogs, or rats.  They eat the grubs in your lawn.

Susan Willett said...

Got to sniff out those moles! Unless maybe it was a groundhog that decided it wasn't even worth coming out for Groundhog Day?

P1310534

Janet Keefe said...

Well, at least there are always things to be smelled out, and toys to be chased! It's better than nothing, right, Hawk?

Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

P1310537

Right!

JoAnn Stancer said...

Moles already??? We still have 3 feet of snow and more coming. Have a great night handsome

P1310538

Moles are always active here in the south.  Only when we have a long cold spell here in the mountains does the ground actually freeze. 

At the shore, in the deep south, we get an occasional frost and a stray ice storm every 100 years or so. 

About black and white Sunday post, Rabbit! Rabbit!…

Stephen Pelletier said...

That looks like a Brown and White Sunday picture.
Did you catch the rabbit?
-Slimdoggy

Susan Willett said...

Hope you catch that pesky wabbit!
--Woofs (and purrs) from
Life with Dogs and Cats.

Dolly theDoxie said...

Have you found him yet? I have one in my backyard I check on his whereabouts every time I am out there. Love Dolly

Roxy the traveling dog said...

Did you get to chase it??

 

P1310766

Oh, I don’t chase rabbits.  I had one running between legs one time on a hike.  My Human doesn’t allow me to chase. 

Rabbits are a good sign.  It means no fox, bobcats or coyotes are lurking around. 

 

Daisy's Mom said...

Hi Hawk!
Are you loving the snow? All my dogs are loving it. It's just the cold that sucks 

 

P1310577

No, I don’t really care for the snow.  It hides my toys, freezes my paws and my teeth! 

Finally, about Sepia Saturdays post on keepin’ your nose warm…

M. K. Clinton said...

What a great photo! Does he bet your other dog that he can touch above his nose with his tongue? LOL

P1310770

Nope, don’t bet anybody!

P1310545

Y’all have a great weekend and hurry back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11 comments:

  1. What a wabbit between your legs and no chase? Wow you are good Hawk. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture at the end on his back. Rest and recovery is an important part of any fitness program. Good job Hawk!

    -Slimdoggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live up in central Florida and remember my reaction to seeing my first mole. It was so weird how it wiggled under the earth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Hawk! Have a fabulous Friday.

    You almost blend into the forest you hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so impressed that your found your throw! Very good nose work. I love your follow-up photos <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your bumper! You are right it would get lost in the snow here until about June! Mom knows not to let me chase rabbits (unless its in our little yard) because you don't know where its going to run! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great wrap up! You are such a smart doggie following the hand signals to find your bumper! Good job!
    Have a great weekend!
    ((husky hugz))
    Frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky

    ReplyDelete
  8. The last photo sums it up :-) Golden Woofs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a hansom close-up of you Hawk!
    Have a great weekend!
    --Siamese Smothers--

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I love seeing your grass and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great follow up and if i never saw ice for 100 years that wouldn't bother me one bit! I saw your bumper too, you mom did a great job hiding it.

    ReplyDelete