Monday, February 17, 2014

Now Where Do I Start?

 

Hi Y’all!

 

P1320326

We arrived back at the shore in warm weather, 70’s…

P1320115

I checked out some of my territory.

 

P1320117

After a couple of days the big storm arrived.  We had escaped the snow that would fall in the mountains, but not the ice storm that buried the deep south.

P1320232

We are far enough south and east that our roads did not freeze.

P1320287

The white on the ground is ice coating each little blade of grass.

 P1320293

We lost our electricity.  Anyone who lives in a rural area knows that means no water.  But my Human was prepared and we had plenty of potable water. 

We are the lucky ones.  Lots of folks are still without electricity.

P1320316

That was Mother Nature’s mischief…but life wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t add to it! 

My apologies to all my kitty friends…

P1320317

 

My Human turned the flood light on in the front courtyard and allowed me out for my last pee of the night.  I’m standing there, minding my business while my Human waits on the steps.

P1320307

Suddenly, through the boxwood strides a black cat!  INVASION!!! Without a sound the cat is gone and I am in HOT PURSUIT!!! 

P1320309

 

My Human had no time to give me a command…I WAS GONE!  Off to protect my territory from the invader!

P1320311

Then I heard my Human calling my name and the word “NOW!”…uh oh, when she yells NOW! she’s on her way to give me an embarrassing correction.  Though how could she see me?  It’s pitch dark out here…

P1320313

I trotted back, distracted by the feline scent…not another word was said, but my Human met me as I backtracked the feline, okay, “kitty”. She grabbed my tab lead and pulled me to heel.  I was marched, unceremoniously into the house.

 P1320215

Don’t worry, I didn’t hurt the kitty…truth be told I didn’t get close…course kitty had a head start!  But boy, was that FUN!

 

P1320315

This picture above was taken of about the same spot that the picture of me (3rd one from top) checking out my territory.  The myrtles are bowed under the weight of the ice.

P1320322

Y’all hurry back now!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

19 comments:

  1. First those are so BEAUTIFUL photos. WOW! Second. I would have done the same thing with the kitty, and I have. Kitties make me go deaf. It's true. MOM says she is calling me, but I swear I have never heard her when a cat is a part of the scene.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB a cat chase. We know you wouldn't hurt invader kitty but still the chase is good fun. Glad you came back Hawk. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh after all the icestorms, a warm fireplace...nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think our pups would come back that quickly!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. We have never seen an ice storm, not that I ever want to. Amazing photos. Good thing you stopped chasing the cat too. No telling where you would have ended up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, Hawk....that was surely some mischief you found! Chasing a kitty, in the dark...so glad you were only trotted back into the house and were still allowed a snuggle spot in front of the fire.
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ice photos are lovely, Hawk. And that kitty needs to stay in its own yard, for Pete's sake.
    www.dogtreatweb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some pretty cool storm photos! Glad everyone is staying warm and safe - and free of intruders!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, you guys got some ice, we been lucky so far this season, not enough to stop the electrics, just some Olympics car skating on the roads for a day. Glad you didn't get the kitty, he was probably out doing his potty stuff also!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a story!!!
    Those photos, as much as it sucks cuz weather like that usually means no hydro/water as you said, but it is still so beautiful to look at though!
    Its funny, we have 3 kitties and my huskies pay no mind to them, but when they spot a stray outside they want to put a chase as well!
    Oh and pssssssst, I'm kinda glad u didn't catch the kitty!!! But I bet u had tons of fun trying?! Hehe
    Were woo embarrassed?
    ((Husky hugz))
    Frum our pack at love is being owned by a husky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, first off those are BEAUTIFUL photos! Second, its okay Hawk, apology accepted (=^.^=)
    --Siamese Smothers--
    ❀❀Frum Mikko, and HUGS from me❀❀

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ice storm looks pretty but it does a lot of damage too. I'd stay by the fire Hawk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are so glad you didn't get grounded or anything... :-)

    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know ice storms stink, but they leave such a beautiful picture.

    Glad you didn't get into too much trouble over the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you and your family were safe and prepared during the storm, Hawk.
    As long as no kitties were hurt, what fun it must have been for you to have that little pursuit! Good thing you came back though, you always have to come back to stay safe!
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow that is some ice coating everything. So pretty but not when you lose the electric.

    Maybe Nestle came up to visit you Hawk...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Poor kitty! I'm sure it was fun for YOU ;) Maya and Pierson would have done the same thing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a beautiful post with you starting and ending in front of the fire. Even know bad weather the pictures were beautiful. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete